Thank You to 103 walkers and the other New Mexicans who sponsored them through the wind at Balloon Fiesta Park 11/30/08. We raised 3,000 dollars for American Foundation for Suicide Prevention and it looks like they’re going to collaborate on a project with NMCSP here in NM soon.
Top Honored Participants received these gifts generously donated by local businesses:
- Monique Sers: Shelton Jewelers’ sterling silver memory bracelet
- Mary Romero and Floor Co, LLC: 5 Dion’s pizzas
- Laura Rowland and NM Coalition for Suicide Prevention: 5 Dion’s pizzas
- Chuck Keller: man’s hat from Larry’s Hats
- Karen de la Torre: time management session from More Than Organized
- Barbara Lopez: massage from Ellen Whitman, LMT
- Kristal Metro: computer tune-up from Southwest Cyberport
- Jennifer Rowley Baca: computer tune-up from Southwest Cyberport
- Rashan Omari Jones: acupuncture session from Jamie McLaughlin, DOM
- Kris Keller: necklace by Ellen Whitman
- Volunteer Staff- Laura Togami: necklace by Ellen Whitman
It was especially good to give people an opportunity to remember together our lost loved ones. Thanks to Maimonides Sleep Arts & Sciences for advertising and the staff who co-coordinated this event. Jessica Krakow is a new board member of NM Coalition for Suicide Prevention.